BSIF were delighted to be named as a Finalist in the OPSS Regulatory Excellence Awards 2021. The awards celebrate outstanding achievements in supporting businesses and protecting consumers, contributing towards fighting coronavirus, rebuilding the economy, and unleashing innovation.
The BSIF put forward the Registered Safety Supplier Scheme as the entry and it was duly named as a finalist in the hotly contested Product Safety category.
The Mission of the scheme is to provide assurance to users that only compliant and correctly performing products are being supplied through a capable, educated, competent supply chain. The scheme provides a recognised route to enable a member to demonstrate compliance and due diligence.
The RSSS is open only to members of the BSIF, and a mandatory requirement for all members engaged in PPE manufacturing, marketing and supply. New members to the BSIF need to work towards achieving Registered Safety Supplier Scheme status within the first 6 Months of BSIF membership.
A Registered Safety Supplier Scheme member…
• Formally declares and commits to selling only Certified PPE and safety products that perform to claims made
• Ensures that they meet all the responsibilities of the PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425
• Submits their products to random independent performance testing
• Commits to having their customer facing staff educated and accredited in the Safe Supply Course
• Maintains a company Quality Policy
• Holds necessary authorisation for service provision
• As a Federation member trades honestly and ethically
On hearing the Registered Safety Supplier Scheme had been named as a finalist BSIF CEO Alan Murray said;
‘We at BSIF are delighted to hear that the RSSS has been named as a finalist, the excellent work of the scheme through the members involved with it is helping to ensure that critical products such as PPE and safety equipment meet their regulatory requirements which helps to keep the UK workforce safe while also contributing to a fairer marketplace which helps to keep people safer every day’